Thomson Reuters Corporation is inviting job applications for the post of Legal Counsel at its Bengaluru office.
About Thomson Reuters Corporation
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading provider of news and information-based tools to professionals.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this opportunity as Legal Counsel, you will:
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide range of customer facing and partner agreements, primarily complex software (including SaaS) and information licensing agreements, re-distribution, hosting, content acquisition, consulting and professional services agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other commercial agreements relating to sales of Thomson Reuters products and services.
- Work within the Customers & Commercial team identifying legal, regulatory and compliance requirements and risks associated with various business initiatives and developing and implementing appropriate mitigation strategies. Work with members of the General Counsel Office on enterprise-wide legal issues and projects.
- Operate within policy guidelines and requirements set for Thomson Reuters lawyers to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Research and respond to general legal inquiries from Thomson Reuters internal customers that relate to corporate, commercial, intellectual property and compliance matters, including privacy-related matters, and advise business on appropriate legal action to be taken.
- Contribute know-how to the group’s Knowledge Management initiatives and help to build an open knowledge sharing culture.
- Provide practical and insightful business and strategic advice, leveraging experience in the practice of law and the legal profession.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as requested.
You’re a fit for the role of Legal Counsel if your background includes:
3-5 years post qualification experience in private practice and/or as in-house legal counsel advising on the sell rather than the buy side
- An interest in commercial contracting and a desire to build a legal career within a large corporate setting.
- Excellent technical legal knowledge in contract and commercial law, particularly with SaaS products and solutions.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills. Ability to positively influence behavior of multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, to identify and resolve legal issues.
- Excellent communication, organization, and analytical skills, and an aptitude for problem-solving Ability to think strategically and creatively, to identify and resolve legal issues, desire and ability to quickly learn about Thomson Reuters’ products and services, and its internal processes and organizational structure.
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment and in a matrixed organization and ability to build rapport and trust with both internal and external stakeholders. Ability to juggle multiple matters at once and work independently in a fast-paced environment and prioritize accordingly. Ability to exercise good judgement on when to seek help and where to find appropriate resources to solve problems.
- Authorized to practice law.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply through the link given at the end of this post.
Image taken from here.