Wednesday, 25 Could 2022
By Tammy Knox
This website in our collection for worldwide athletes explains important factors of English law in relation to family problems and divorce.
Although the intricacies of contractual clauses and the tax productive structuring of property are unquestionably at the forefront of lots of advisers’ minds, an athlete’s relationship standing should in the same way not be overlooked. Sportspeople, and people advising them, have to very carefully look at the probable monetary ramifications of interactions and their breakdowns, significantly given that England is commonly regarded as “the divorce funds of the world”. This weblog examines:
- Critical factors for professionals who are already married (or in a civil partnership)
- How is an entitlement to a divorce (and similar fiscal promises) established in England?
- How will the English court docket divide cash belongings on a divorce?
- How will the English court deal with cash flow on a divorce?
- Will the instances of the marriage breakdown affect the divorce or effect upon the financial division?
- What actions really should be taken if the sportsperson is unmarried?
- What measures can be taken to minimise the threat of adverse publicity about household difficulties?
Go on reading through this report…
Sign up with your electronic mail and password
Presently a member? Indicator in
Get access to all of the specialist evaluation and commentary at LawInSport which includes content articles, webinars, meeting movies and podcast transcripts. Uncover out far more in this article.
Tammy is a associate in the London office of Penningtons Manches Cooper, specialising in all spots of family legislation, especially all those with an global component. She regularly advises on youngster abduction and global relocation of kids, economic challenges arising from separation, Relatives Regulation Act purposes, disputes about child preparations and prenuptial agreements. She is also professional in symbolizing vulnerable consumers.