When a car accident involves a truck, there is a much higher possibility to end up faced with fatal or serious injuries. Due to the severity of such a collision, if you are an injury victim, you need to quickly receive help from experienced truck accident lawyers.
Why Is The Truck Accident More Dangerous?
When a truck is involved in a car accident, it is always more dangerous. This is due to different things, like:
- There is a large weight difference between the car and the truck. A passenger car usually weighs around 4,000 pounds. The regular tractor trailer can easily end up weighing around 80,000 pounds.
- The height of the truck is important since it creates a higher center of gravity. Contrary to what you might think, there is a much higher possibility that a truck will tip over after a crash than a regular car.
- The truck takes longer to stop because of the weight. It is also much more difficult to avoid collisions.
- Freight can be toxic, flammable, or generally dangerous when spilling out following the accident.
All of the factors mentioned mean a collision between a truck and a car can easily lead to death or serious injuries.
The Most Common Injuries In Truck Accidents
The really common truck accident injuries you should be aware of are:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Chemical explosion burns
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Knee sprains
These are injuries that do require medical treatment. It is possible you will never regain your full health so you will face financial hardship. As an accident victim, you need to reach out and get help. This includes contacting an experienced car accident attorney that knows how to handle truck cases.
Common Truck Accident Causes
In most truck accident collisions that involve smaller cars, human factors stand out as the main causes. This includes distracted driving, speeding, reckless driving, impaired driving, and driver fatigue. Some other common truck accident causes you should know are:
- Worn tires
- Worn brakes
- Violations of hours of service
- Improperly secured cargo
- Overloaded cargo
- Truck maintenance issues
Always seek medical attention after being injured in accidents that involve trucks. Also, you need to avoid quickly talking to the insurance companies, especially those that are representing trucking companies. In many cases, there are several parties liable. This means a complex investigation will be needed.
The skilled personal injury attorney will make sure your rights are protected and the accident will be properly investigated. After full liability is determined, the lawyer will then help you to build a successful claim.
Car accidents that involve trucks are always very serious. It is very important that you have a personal injury in your corner, one that is experienced with such cases. This is because it is practically the only way to make sure you will get the financial compensation you are actually entitled to. You will surely get a lot of help and you will appreciate the outcome. During this time, you can easily get the treatment you need.